Tender steak marinated in a combination of seasonings with fruit juice and vinegar, then grilled to perfection. Ideal for tacos, burritos, tortas, or even on its own.
- 2 lbs flank or skirt steak
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup of cilantro, minced
- 1 tbsp of cumin
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1 tbsp of lime juice
- 2 tbsp of white vinegar
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- Prep the steak by patting it dry and trimming any cartilage from it.
- Place the meat into a sealable container or bag.
- Combine the garlic, cilantro, cumin, orange and lime juices, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the marinade on top of the meat, seal the container (or bag) and place into the refrigerator for at least four hours. Overnight is better.
- Cook the meat either on a grill or in a broiler to your desired doneness.
This recipe was posted originally for making tortas, but this meat also works wonderfully in tacos, burritos, or on its own.