Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Carrots with Rosemary
A welcome break from the traditional candied dish we all grew up with. Sweet potatoes with carrots, garlic, onions, and rosemary create a savory flavor with an herbal flair.
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs of sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 bag (16 oz) of baby carrots
- 2-3 yellow onions, cut into chunks
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp of rosemary
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, carrots, and onions with the garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the oil on top and gently mix the ingredients with your hands until the vegetables are coated with oil and seasonings.
- In a baking dish, lay out the ingredients.
- Place the dish in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until you see the mixture browning.
My choice to use baby carrots was based on how nice the small-shaped carrots look in this dish. If you would rather use regular carrots, feel free.
This dish is pretty open to different translations. Feel free to add or remove ingredients. Some also like to top this dish with grated Parmesan cheese.