Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables
A colorful blend of squash, peppers, onions, and mushrooms seasoned with garlic, basil, and then roasted to perfection.
- 4 yellow squash, chopped into chunks
- 3 zucchinis, chopped into chunks
- 2 red or orange peppers, cut into chunks
- 2 red onions, cut into larger slices
- 8 oz of sliced mushrooms
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp of dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400°.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the raw vegetables together with your hands.
- Add in the garlic, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the olive oil all over the vegetables,
- Mix again with your hands until everything is coated with oil and seasonings.
- Place the vegetables into a roasting pan or baking dish, make sure they can spread out into one layer.
- Place your pan in the oven and cook for 45 minutes to an hour. Remove when the zucchini and squash began to brown on their edges.
Be sure to mix gently. You don't want to mash up or destroy your vegetables.
If you have no pan or pans that will give you a nice layer for the vegetables, try using baking sheets with a layer of foil.
In all reality, you can change this up any way you like. Take out items you don't like, add in ones you do. Same goes with the seasonings. I used basil, but oregano would work just as well.