Roasted Carrots and Parsnips
The slight sweetness of the carrots and parsnips meld nicely with the aromatic flavor of the rosemary and sage. A wonderful substitue for potatoes even.
- 4 large carrots, chopped into chunks
- 3 large parsnips, chopped into chunks
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of rosemary
- 1 tbsp of sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°.
- Place the chopped carrots and parsnips into a large bowl
- Add in the rosemary, sage, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the olive oil all over the vegetables,
- Mix with your hands until everything is coated with oil and seasonings.
- Place the vegetables into a roasting pan or baking dish, make sure they can spread out into one layer.
- Place your pan in the oven and cook for 45 minutes to an hour. Remove when the carrots and parsnips began to brown on their edges and a fork can easily go through a piece.
If you have no pan or pans that will give you a nice layer for the vegetables, try using baking sheets with a layer of foil.
There's always room for variation. Some will go only carrots or parsnips. You could take out the sage and use thyme. I've seen some recipes using honey or balsamic vinegar. It really comes down to your sense of taste.