Zuzana's Green Goodness
Zuzana's variation on many of the traditional recipes for "Green Juice". A beautiful blend of kale, carrots, and other vegetables combined with two types of apples for added balance. A juicer is required for this recipe.
- 1 bunch of kale, chopped into chunks
- 3-4 carrots, chopped into smaller pieces
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped into chunks
- 2 Granny Smith apples, chopped into smaller pieces
- 1 red delicious apple, chopped into smaller pieces
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped into smaller pieces
Simply run all the ingredients through your juicer and stir the final results until well blended.
A juicer is needed for this recipe. I wouldn't try blending the ingredients up in a blender or food processor, not unless you would rather have a thick smoothie.
You can variate this to your hearts content, but I'd be cautious what you add as it will affect the flavor. One suggestion for added sweetness would be to add two bartlett pears to the mixture. If you would like a little zing, then add in some ginger.
The juice is wonderful on its own, but I personally found it a bit too "concentrated". I like to mix it with coconut water or store-bought pulp-free orange juice. I'd suggest a 2/3 ratio Green Goodness to 1/3 coconut water or orange juice.