Balsamic vinegar, herbs, and seasonings are combined to make for a rich, tangy flavorful marinade perfect for chicken.
- 3/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of granulated garlic
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of Italian seasoning blend
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Take a container you can close and seal. If none is available to you, then use a pot with a lid or even a food storage bag you can zip shut.
- Add all the ingredients except the chicken to the container. Give it all a stir to mix it all up.
- Place the pieces of chicken into the marinade. Make sure the chicken is coated with it all.
- Close/seal the container and place in the refrigerator for at least four hours. Overnight is a more preferred time frame.
- Cook the chicken as you see fit.
Suggested means of cooking are broiling and grilling. Keep the excess marinade aside and brush the chicken with it to baste. You can bake the chicken as well. Pour some of the marinade on it before baking to allow it to gelatinize on the chicken.
I suggested chicken breasts, but you can also use this recipe on dark meat. Definitely try making kebobs with it.