Roasted Potatoes with Asparagus and Red Peppers
A great side dish to compliment any chicken dinner. Red potatoes seasoned and roasted with asparagus and red peppers.
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of granulated garlic
- 2 tsp of dried rosemary
- 2 tsp of thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 red potatoes, washed and cut into chunks (skin on)
- 1-2 baking potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 bunch of asparagus, cut into smaller pieces
- 2 roasted red peppers, sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°
- In a large boil, mix the olive oil with the garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Place the potatoes in and mix them with your hands to fully coat them with the oil and seasonings.
- In a large enough baking dish, put the coated potatoes in and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Stir the potatoes so they don’t stick, then add in the asparagus and red pepper.
- Cover again and bake for another 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Increase the oven temperature to 450°
- Uncover the dish and cook for another 5-10 minutes until the potatoes get a little roasted.
You can use fresh garlic if you like, but I prefer granulated garlic simply so it coats the vegetables.