Mediterranean Garlic Chicken
Traveling to the Mediterranean with a flavorful chicken dish that's easy to make.
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of white wine
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 2 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- In a sealable container, mix together the garlic, lemon juice, wine, honey, salt, oregano, and pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts in and coat them completely with the marinade.
- Seal the container and place into the refrigerator for at least four hours.
- Cook as you see fit. (broil, bake, or sauté)
An overnight marinate is always better, but at least give the chicken four hours for the tissue to be penetrated and tenderized.
The cooking style comes down to you. Like Greek Chicken, you can do this in different directions. I personally like to broil the chicken, but sautéing or baking will do just fine as well. If you bake, be sure to pour any leftover marinate on top so it will baste and moisten.
I sprinkled some more oregano on top when I served it. This is optional.