Thick salmon fillets seasoned with a maple syrup, ginger, garlic, and soy sauce for a smoky unique flavor.
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tsp of granulated garlic
- 1 tsp of ginger
- 2-4 salmon fillets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Place the salmon fillets into a baking dish and pour the mixture all over them.
- Cover the dish and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°
- Uncover the baking dish and place the whole dish (fish and marinate) into the oven.
- Bake the salmon until the marinate gelatinizes and the salmon is done.
I know I mentioned you shouldn’t marinate fish, but salmon and other thick-meat fishes can be. You’re not really doing this to tenderize the meat, but to flavor it.
You can serve this any way you like. Grilled asparagus is ideal with salmon, but rice and/or potatoes or a side salad can work as well.