Lime and Cilantro Flounder
Flounder fillets taken south of the border and seasoned with lime and cilantro. Ideal on its own or in fish tacos.
- 4 tbsp of lime juice
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of dried cilantro
- 1 tsp of granulated garlic
- 2-4 flounder fillets (tilapia or sea bass will work as well)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400° or turn the broiler on low.
- Prepare your broiler pan or cookie sheet with a layer of foil.
- Brush each fillet on each side with the mixture of ingredients.
- Place fillets on the pan and cook until done.
Setting the ingredients aside is necessary to allow all flavors to fully integrate. You just need 10 minutes, hence why you should do it first, then heat up the oven.
I generally prefer to broil the fish, but you can also bake it.
Some seasoned rice is the ideal side. You can even take some of the leftover mixture from the fish and mix is up with the rice.
These fillets also work nicely in fish tacos.