Broiled Cumin Trout
How Slovaks do fish without frying it. Fillet of trout seasoned with cumin and cooked perfectly
- 2-4 trout fillets (tilapia, sea bass, or flounder will work as well)
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the olive oil with cumin in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400° or turn the broiler on low.
- Prepare your broiler pan or cookie sheet with a layer of foil.
- Brush each fillet on each side with the mixture of ingredients.
- Place fillets on the pan and cook until done.
I generally prefer to broil the fish, but you can also bake it.
Slovaks usually serve this dish with fried or roasted potatoes, or with rice.