Italian Vegetable Pasta Salad
A light, flavorful cold pasta salad with fresh vegetables. Perfect side dish for any barbecue or picnic.
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of granulated garlic
- 1 tbsp of Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 pound of pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 cup of bell peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, each sliced in half
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp of Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using a curet or some container you can cover shake liquids in, combined the olive oil, water, vinegar, garlic, Italian seasoning blend, salt, and pepper.
- Shake until well blended and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta with bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, green onions, and Parmesan cheese.
- Pour the liquid dressing blend over the salad.
- Toss the salad until all elements are well blended.
While I spoke of being careful with salt in the last recipe, make sure you use some here when making the dressing. When I went without salt, the salad was very bland. If you’re worried about overdoing it, then hold off on the salt and add it to the final salad to your liking.
Again, make sure you do not use a whole 1-pound package of pasta here, as the recipe only calls for 1/2.
If you cannot come by cherry tomatoes, then simply dice up 2-3 tomatoes and use that instead.
This recipe is open to ideas. Use other vegetables if you like, or even change up the pasta. The original inspiration of this recipe was another recipe where the cook did not use Parmesan cheese, but instead used three cheese tortellini as his pasta.