A Mexican feast wrapped up in a warm tortilla. Marinated chicken wrapped with fresh vegetables, rice, salsa, and cheese.
- 4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 batch of the Mexican Marinate
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 1-2 large whole wheat or multigrain tortillas
- 1 cup of cooked rice with or without beans
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeds removed and chopped
- 3-4 leaves of Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 cup of low-fat or fat-free shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup of your favorite salsa
- Place the chicken breasts into a sealable container.
- Pour the marinate over the chicken and seal the container.
- Marinate the chicken for at least four hours. Overnight is better.
- Heat up your grill to medium heat, brush the grill with the olive oil when hot.
- Place the chicken breasts on the grill and cook until done.
- Cut the chicken up into slices.
- Heat up a frying pan or skillet on medium heat. Place a tortilla in it and heat it up for one minute per side.
- Assemble the burritos with the ingredients as you desire.
I did not put a recipe for the rice because it’s simple brown rice seasoned with limejuice, cilantro, chili powder and red pepper. Just try on your own and make it ideal to your tastes.