The classic creamy sauce perfect for any breaded fish.
- 1/2 cup of fat-free or light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp of sweet pickle relish
- 1 tbsp of onion powder
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Taste and add salt and/or pepper to your liking.
- Cover and leave in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
Be sure to use sweet relish, as dill relish might make the sauce a bit too savory or even salty.
The reason why you leave the sauce in the refrigerator for a few hours is so the flavors can meld together better. I’ve noticed when you make this sauce fresh, it’s not as ideal in flavor as when it’s been sitting for a while.
Feel free to add or omit the dill or lemon juice. Put in other flavors if you see fit.