Roasted Potatoes aka "Chips"
A healthier way to make fries or "chips" that doesn't involve frying.
- 2-4 potatoes, peeled and sliced into wedges
- 2-4 tbsp of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450º.
- Place the potato wedges in a bowl and coat them with the olive oil.
- Arrange the potato wedges on a cookie sheet facing the same direction.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, then flip them all and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
There isn’t much that can go wrong. The high temperature is so the potatoes get roasted on the outside while being soft on the inside.
If you’re thinking of omitting the oil, please don’t. The oil makes the outside golden and crispy. It’s essential.
I did not season these potatoes because of the curry sauce, but if you’re choosing not to make the curry sauce, then try adding a little salt and pepper. Go further with some oregano and garlic, or even some cayenne pepper and paprika for a little flair.