Stuffed Pork Chop
Stephanie's recipe for succlent pork chops stuffed with brie, spinach, and dried grapes. A gourmet masterpiece.
- 4 pork chops
- 1/2 cup brie, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen spinach, chopped
- 2 cups dried Montmorency cherries
- 2 cups red wine, pinot noir is preferred
- 2 cups apple cherry juice
- Salt and pepper to season meat
- Olive oil
- Dash of nutmeg and cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut a pocket into the chop, and stuff with brie, spinach and some of the cherries.
- Secure the open end with toothpicks to ensure the stuffings stay put. Season the meat on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Coat a saute pan with olive oil, when pan is hot, place the chops into it.
- Cook for 4 minutes on each side.
- Add remaining cherries, juice and wine into the pan.
- Stick the pan in the oven and turn broiler on high.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes. The meat should have some caramelization on the outside and the sauce should be thicker and reduced.
Dried cherries of this type can be found at Trader Joe’s.
If you don’t care for brie you can substitute fontina cheese.