Oven-roasted potatoes with garlic and lemon.
- 4 large Idaho/Russet potatoes
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1 tsp of granulated garlic
- 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 450º.
- Peel all the potatoes, wash them, then slice them into wedges as you desire.
- Place the potatoes in a large baking dish.
- Coat them with the olive oil.
- Add the salt, pepper, oregano.
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon all over the potatoes.
- Mix them up with your hands so all the seasonings and lemon juice are coating the potatoes.
- Place them in the oven for 30-45 minutes, until they are baked to your personal tastes.
When we did these potatoes, we cooked them in a separate dish in the same oven as the lamb. If you choose to do this, then bake the potatoes for an hour or so. I generally like a hotter oven for these potatoes because the oil will make them golden and more crispy on the outside.
If you want to use another kind of potato, go right ahead. My father likes to use Yukon Gold potatoes sometimes.
I use this recipe as a basis for when I make potatoes. I’ve added more seasonings in the past and made the kind of crispy spicy potatoes you’ll get in restaurants. Feel free and experiment.