Spice up your summer barbecue with this great fruit salsa made with mangos.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins or 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 small jalepeno, stemmed, seeded, and chopped finely
- 1 medium tomato, diced finely
- 2 large mangos, seeded with the skin removed, diced
- Grated zest and juice of 2 limes
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small avocado, seeded, peeled and sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat grill.
- Sprinkle chicken with nonstick cooking spray as well as salt and pepper. Grill the chicken until it is just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a platter, and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat a large saute pan over medium heat. When it is hot, spray the pan with cooking spray, and add the onion. Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occssionally, until almost tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the jalepeno, tomato, and mango, and cook the salsa, stirring it occassionally unti it is just heated through, around 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the lime juice and zest along with the cilantro to the salsa. Season to taste with salt, if desired. Serve the chicken with the warm salsa and avocado slices on top.
To make the meal heartier, you can add roasted baby bliss potatoes or coconut rice to nicely round out this soon-to-be summertime favorite.