Simmered beef in a rich sauce perfect for topping on pasta, rice, or even polenta.
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 lbs of beef flank, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup of white wine
- 1 can (6 oz) of tomato paste
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed and chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up the olive oil in a larger pan under medium heat.
- Saute the onion in the oil until it turns golden brown.
- Add the meat and cook until it’s browned (but not fully cooked) on all sides.
- Add in wine, tomato paste, paprika, and garlic.
- Reduce heat to low or medium-low, cover pot, and simmer until meat is fully done. Stir occasionally.
The end result should be a brownish-red sauce with a consistency of gravy. If your liquids are too watery, then add in a mixture of cornstarch and water. If liquid is vanishing, then add in a little water.
Serve on top of rice, pasta, potatoes, or even polenta (as shown in picture)