Zuzana’s Slovak Shrimp
Shrimp isn't generally known to Slovakia, but we decided to imagine it was with the seasoning combo.
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 medium-size onion, diced
- 1 lb of shrimp
- 2 tsp of Vegeta
- 2 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up the olive oil in a large frying pan or wok on medium heat.
- When oil is hot, place the onions in and cook them until they start to brown.
- Add shrimp, Vegeta, paprika, and oregano to the pan and stir.
- Cook shrimp until hot and liquids become more saucy in texture.
If you seemingly have a lot of liquid from the shrimp, then I suggest either pouring out some liquid or pouring some of the liquid into a cup with a tbsp of cornstarch. Stir the cornstarch with liquid and then add back into the pan to thicken.
Zuzana likes this dish by itself, but I prefer it on top of rice or even pasta.