Sweet Polenta with Blueberry Compote
A delicious combo of polenta patties topped with a sinful blueberry compote.
- 1 cup of polenta flour
- 3 cups and 3 tbsp of water
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 1 lb blueberries
- 1/4 cup and 3 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Prepare the polenta as described in the above recipe. About halfway into the simmer time, stir in 3 tbsp of sugar and 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- When polenta is finished simmering, lay it out on the wood board and shape it into 1/2″ thickness. Allow polenta to fully cool.
- In a medium saucepan, place the blueberries with 3 tbsp of water and 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Simmer the blueberries, sugar, and water on low heat until the sugar and water dissolve into a nice syrup.
- Cut the polenta into circles. You can use a cookie cutter or mold, or even a glass to make circles.
- Place a spoonful of the blueberry compote on top of each.
- When ready to serve, simply microwave for a few minutes or bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes.
In the image, I tried to use a muffin pan, but I think letting the polenta cool and cutting it into circles will make for better looking pieces. Be sure to press the blueberries into the polenta a little when placing. You want them to stay after all.
Healthy It Up
Since Zuzana’s Candida diet doesn’t allow for sugar, a substitute would be to use 6 ounces of agave nectar, but you might have to add corn starch to thicken the mixture into a syrup. Be sure to take liquid from the mixture when making your corn starch blend, rather than add more water.