Savory Polenta with Italian Shrimp
A tasty combo of polenta patties topped with seasoned Italian shrimp.
- 1 cup of polenta flour
- 3 cups of water
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 2 tsp of granulated garlic
- 2 tsp of Italian seasoning blend
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 lb of medium-size cooked shrimp with tails cut off
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the polenta as described in the Basic Polenta recipe. About halfway into the simmer time, stir in the granulated garlic and 1 tsp of the Italian seasoning blend.
- When polenta is finished simmering, lay it out on the wood board and shape it into 1/2″ thickness. Allow polenta to fully cool.
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Place the shrimp in the oil. You might want to add a pinch of salt right after you throw them into the pan.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of Italian seasoning blend and 1 tsp of paprika on the shrimp, stir, and continue heat until shrimp is hot.
- Cut the polenta into circles. You can use a cookie cutter or mold, or even a glass to make circles.
- Place a few shrimps on top of each, and scoop a little bit of the sauce that formed to let it soak into the polenta.
- When ready to serve, simply microwave for a few minutes or bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes.
The Italian Seasoning Blend is a nice combo I found at the store where I buy my herbs. It’s simply a combination of oregano, thyme, sage, rosemary, and marjoram. Feel free to use a similar blend, or make it yourself, or season differently if you like.
In the image, I tried to use a muffin pan, but I think letting the polenta cool and cutting it into circles will make for better looking pieces. Be sure to press the shrimp into the polenta a little when placing. You want them to stay after all.